This was officially my first time eating figs, and I don’t know what took me so long! I decided to make a variation of the Double Apricot Oatmeal with Fresh Green Figs recipe found on competitivevedge.tumblr.com. I still have yet to find the red fig variety, however the green ones worked quite well.
Fig and Banana Raw Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats (not quick, I like the extra thick ones)
- Enough water to more than cover the oats in your container (or almond milk if you’d like)
- 1 tbl almond butter
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 2 green figs, sliced
- Dash of cinnamon
- Add the oats to your container (I used a mason jar), and pour in enough water to more than cover the oats. The longer you let the oats sit, the more water they will absorb, and softer they will become. You can let them soak overnight in the refrigerator, or just 15 minutes in the morning if pressed for time.
- Once the oats have been soaked to your satisfaction, add the almond butter and mix in thoroughly. Next add the sliced figs, sliced banana, and cinnamon. Give it a quick mix and enjoy!
- If you can’t eat the oats right away in the morning (say you need to workout or drive to work) the oats will continue to soak while the fruit is in the container, creating an even more delicious breakfast. So no worries!