I am definitely obsessed with chocolate and always looking for a new way to eat it! Valentine’s Day seemed like the perfect time to experiment. This snack has antioxidants from the dark chocolate, and protein, fiber, and heart healthy fats from the almonds. Cooking the almonds in the oven brings out a delicious nutty flavor adding depth.
- 1 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Turn the oven to 350 degrees while you chop up the almonds.
- Place parchment paper over a rimmed baking sheet and spread the almonds out. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the almonds and bake for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, mix the almonds and chocolate chips. Continue to bake until the chips have melted and evenly cover the almonds.
- You can top the warm mixture with extra chopped or whole almonds.
- Wait until the mixture has cooled completely, then break apart into pieces.