At the farmers market I picked up some freshly baked country bread. I had a craving for a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich, some good bread was the place to start. I grabbed a tomato from the market and some Daiya cheese from Whole Foods. I couldn’t believe I finally found vegan cheese that melts!
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich
- Dab of Earth Balance
- 2 slices fresh bread
- 3 slices of tomato
- 2 slices Daiya cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp chimichurri spice mix
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add a dab of Earth Balance. Place the tomato, cheese slices, and chimichurri spice mix between two slices of bread.
- Cook the sandwich for 2 minutes on each side. At this point the cheese is probably not melted all the way through. Place a lid over the pan, turn down the heat, and cook for several more minutes.
- Trapping the heat inside the pan, allows the cheese to melt. Check the sandwich periodically so it doesn’t burn!