I love love love any kind of DIY project or beauty product, especially when it involves things I already have around the house. In need of more eye liner, I decided to see if I could make any before going out and buying. Apparently it’s really quite simple, only requiring two ingredients! As I was low on facial scrub as well, I also put together a quick exfoliating and moisturizing scrub. Both DIY ideas were found on the One Green Planet webpage.
Midnight Black Eye Liner
This liner is super simple to make, and will allow you to use up all that extra dark shadow lying around from various shadow sets (mainly the crease color which never gets used up). The fattiness of the coconut oil helps this liner stay on for hours and hours. 🙂
- Black eye shadow
- Coconut oil, softened or melted
- Small metal tin or glass container
- In your chosen container, mix shadow with a small amount of coconut oil. You only need enough oil to wet and mix the shadow.
- I use a thin makeup brush to apply this daily, and clean the brush with soap and water after use.
*I chose to make this liner black because I happened to have black eye shadow on hand. You can easily substitute any color shadow for a different color liner.
Exfoliating Coffee Coconut Face Scrub
- 1/4 cup used coffee grounds
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 tbl cinnamon
- 1 small mason jar
- Mix all ingredients in the mason jar.
- To use, apply a small amount to wet skin and scrub. Wash scrub off with water.
- Your face should feel fresh and cleansed from the coffee, and moisturized from the oil.
*This should keep for up to six months.