Happy belated Valentine’s and President’s Day!
I hope everyone had a great weekend filled with love and surrounded by friends and family. I was lucky enough to have abundant sunshine and warm temperatures thrown in.
On Sunday I ran a half marathon in San Francisco with a girlfriend, through Golden Gate Park. The course featured waterfalls, ponds, gardens, museums, a windmill, and the ocean!
I relaxed post race with some homemade bath salts and this tasty dessert.
Blueberry Chia Pudding with Coconut Cream
Makes 1 serving
- 2 tbl chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tbl coconut cream (see recipe below)
What to do:
- Stir the chia seeds, milk, and cinnamon together in a bowl and allow it to sit for at least an hour.
- Top with blueberries and coconut cream. I also topped mine off with another splash of almond milk.
- 1 can coconut cream, left in the refrigerator for at least 2 days
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
What to do:
- Place a can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for several days.
- Skim the cream that forms off the top and whip using a hand mixer with the vanilla extract. Yum!