These are great to snack on or to top on pureed kabocha squash. I love roasting the squash with some olive oil and cinnamon, then pureeing it in a food processor. I added a little lite coconut milk (any plant-based milk should work), pumpkin pie spice, and a tad more cinnamon. When serving I drizzled on some local honey and some roasted seeds!
Roasted Kabocha Seeds
- Seeds from one kabocha squash
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1/8 tsp Icelandic mushroom salt (or any salt you have!)
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees F.
- Wash the seeds removing all remnants of squash, and pat them dry.
- Lay the seeds out on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the oil and salt over the seeds, and mix to coat.
- Roast the seeds for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and crispy.