No sugar, no flour, just healthy whole ingredients to make this fudgy sweet dessert. Packed full of vitamin A, omega 3’s, and fiber – these brownies are sure to please your palate.
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into large chunks (about 1.5-2 cups)
- 1/2 cup walnut butter*
- 2 large dates
- 1/2 cup carob powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
What to do:
- Boil the sweet potatoes for around 10 minutes until they are easily punctured with a fork. I left the skin on for more fiber.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the potato to a food processor, along with the other ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture to a greased glass bread pan, and cook for about 20-25 minutes. The “brownies” will be very fudgy. Allow them to cool before cutting and removing from the pan.
*I made my own walnut butter by blending walnuts, with a pinch of cinnamon, in my food processor.