Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Hummus
I heard from a friend that if you roll chickpeas in a towel after you cook them, removing the skins will make the resulting hummus creamier. I put that theory to the test, and I think it worked!
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (cooked from dried beans, not from a can*)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (if not packed in oil, rehydrate them in water for about 30 minutes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Spread the cooked chickpeas out on a towel, and roll the towel over the chickpeas causing the skins to come loose. Remove the skins and discard.
- Add all ingredients (except the tomatoes) to a food processor and blend until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once you’ve got a nice creamy consistency, add the tomatoes and blend until the tomatoes are only in small bits.
*I haven’t tried the rolling method with canned chickpeas, so am not sure how it would work.